Sunday 29 December 2013

Maybelline Review : The Rocket Mascara Waterproof

This product is one of Maybelline’s newest additions to their mascara lines and comes in normal and waterproof. This is symbolised by colour but I will talk about that later.
This product is priced at £7.99 which I think is quite a good price for a drugstore mascara.

The mascara adds lots of volume whilst keeping the lashes relatively separated. I feel like this mascara works better on my bottom lashes than on my top lashes but I’m not sure whether that is simply because I have naturally long top lashes already.

The packaging for this product is very nice. I like the bold colour choices of the electric blue and the lighter blue. This is the colour scheme for the waterproof mascara (which is the one I have) however the normal version has the same electric blue with a shocking pink for the detailing. I really like the shape of this mascara as it fits very comfortably in the hand and when the lid with the brush is detached, the cone shape fits well between the fingers allowing a secure grip with lots of control when applying the mascara to the lashes.
The wand has a thick centre with lots of short and thin bristles that allows lots of product to be picked up on the brush and transferred onto the lashes causing a lot of volume but this can lead to clumps and also a lot of product being misplaced. I am not a fan of this brush as I feel it does hold too much product which can then transfer to the eyelashes which can then transfer to the areas around the eyes giving a slight ‘panda eye’ look.
Overall, I am happy with this mascara however I would say that it is not my favourite mascara. It adds a lot of mascara to the lashes and keeps them relatively separated but alot of the mascara can be left on the tips of the lashes.

Bye 


No comments:

Post a Comment